The idea is to present the participants with a renovating and fulfilling event so as to build a “Mini Olympic Games” ambient. The event in whole, gives the chance to everyone to work in teams, be motivated to plan, delegate, take up responsibilities, and most of all be creative and innovating and have fun.
In doing so, everyone as member of a team is going to take part into a series of sports, where team – spirit and communication skills will be the dominant elements.
The ultimate aim is the team to participate in the Games designed in its own way that consists of several parts/events.
The major aim of the events/activities is to highlight the importance and the principles of:
Teamwork, achievement, commitment, communication
Before the event:
- Group is divided in teams and they receive badges with their team number or colour upon arrival.
- It is a kind of Games that emphasises more in people's soft skills rather than physical condition.
- Creativity, innovation, development of ideas is the key words to success.
- The teams get involved in a rotating programme, and in every spot we have two teams participating.
- The guides hand the rules and regulations of the games as well as the evaluation system so as the teams realise how they are going to be evaluated.
- Teams are then guided by their guides/animators to their first activity.
- After their first activity the guide leads them to the next one as described on the timetable.
- Approximate duration of each activity is 15-20 min.
- After each activity the guide evaluates their performance.
- Their performance is first measured in time, length, points according to the type of the activity.
- In the end all results are converted into points so as to find the winning team.
- At the end a ceremony is held to award winners.
- The winning team receive medals.
- We suggest that all the rest should receive a participation diploma (please confirm).
Activities are based on the concept that we have to produce a type of “Funny Mini Olympics“ event.
The two teams play in a water field using monorafts for the players and floating baskets. The point system is the known one and players have to put the ball in the floating baskets.
4X50m relays with obstacles
It is a race where the teams have to delegate 8 members to take part in the race. This activity is performed simultaneously for the two teams, for example A1-B1, so as to be competitive. Teams get point according to the time that they finish the relay successfully and after passing the obstacles put in their way.
An Olympic game in which the participants will use professional equipment in order to aim the target.
Participants on monorafts have to complete a slalom route at a certain time. Rowers participate blind - folded and the rest of the team has to direct them. Each team has to participate with at least (8) members. Two different fields are set up to accommodate the two teams. They gain points by touching the slalom poles (actually floating-marks).
Triple jump is a traditional Olympic event, where the participants have to jump without running before. The longest jump is the winner.
The teams compete with each other with blindfolded members who have to win in a 25m swimming relay.
The team members have to balance on special designed skies of 5 persons each and walk a certain distance to the winning end.
The participants have to throw the heavy balls as far as they can.
The well-known game with the participants of the teams playing tied together in pairs.
Tag of war
This activity can be played only from two teams. Both teams pull the rope till it reaches a certain point: a game of strength and tactics.
Contemporary javelin contesters will try to reach the performance of the ancient throwers, which it is told that they had enormous efforts.
The rebirth of the most famous sport of the Olympics: “Marathon”. However the participants are not going to run 40 km. Instead they will have to cover a short but demanding route.